You’ll find restaurants setting the bar higher in immigrant enclaves like New York City’s Flushing neighborhood and California’s San Gabriel Valley, but also in Vermont, Chicago, and Salt Lake City. Some are family-owned, hole-in-the-wall joints.
New York has relatively little Hong Kong influence.
1. Koi Palace, Daly City, California: Hong Kong style restaurant specializing in dim sum at lunch time and Hong Kong style seafood at dinner.
2. Peter Chang Cafe, Richmond, VA: The bold, exotic flavors will leave your tongue numb, especially if you opt for the Hot & Numbing Hot Pot, a combo of seafood, chicken, beef, and veggies submerged in a fiery red sauce. The oversize portions are meant to be shared and arrive on an as-ready basis
3. Ping Pang Pong, Las Vegas: you’ll find regional specialties from across China, from dim sum served on pushcarts (Cantonese) to salt-and-pepper frog legs (Sichuan) and double-braised scallop hot pot (found throughout China).
4. Elite Restaurant, Monterey Park, California: Serving dim sum off the menu and Hong Kong style seafood. While dim sum carts are viewed by many as a more interesting experience, dim sum off the menu that is cooked to order provides a fresher and higher quality product.
5. Lunasia, Alhambra, California: Hong Kong style seafood restaurant. Innovative dim sum items include foie gras dim sum.
6. Lao Sze Chuan, Chicago: Yet people continue to wait in line for a table at this Sichuan spot, known for its extraordinary spiciness and fearless dishes like sour pickle and pork stomach soup and Peking-style duck tongue
7. Gourmet Dumpling House, Boston: Though the menu leans toward Taiwanese and coastal cuisines?the soup dumplings filled with pork, crabmeat and a delicate broth and the scallion pancakes are not to be missed?you?ll also find skilfully executed Sichuan dishes, like the sliced fish, revered for it?s perfect balance of heat and tenderness.
8. Din Tai Fung, Arcadia, California: Shanghai style restaurant
9. Yank Sing, San Francisco, California
10. What! Food differs according to Chef, similarly taste differ for each and every one in the world. So we left the 10th option for you to decide your own taste.