Give your family a big surprise with a delicious dinner; This soup made with chicken, Progreso® chicken broth, pasta, and vegetables.
- two lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- two cartons (32 oz each) of Progresso® chicken broth (8 cups)
- one tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 1/2 cup diced carrot (1 medium)
- 1/2 cup diced celery (1 medium stalk)
- one cup 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or gray salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- one dried bay leaf
- one cup uncooked pasta or ammunition pasta or other small round pasta (8 oz)
- two cups chopped spinach, chard, or other leafy green vegetables
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Place chicken in a 12-inch skillet. Add 1 carton of the broth. Heat until boiling. Lower the flame; Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until chicken juice is clear when cut through the center of the thickest part (170 ° F).
2. Meanwhile, in a 5-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot, and celery; cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender.
3. Drain the chicken, reserving the broth; set the chicken aside. Strain the broth and add it to the vegetables, and also add the remaining carton of broth, the tomatoes (tomatoes), salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Heat everything until it boils. Add the pasta and stir. Lower the flame, cover, and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Crumble the chicken or cut it into bite-size pieces; add it to the soup. Pour the green leaves until they are tender. Discard the bay leaf. Sprinkle with additional freshly ground pepper and cheese. Ready to serve!