Simple and easy recipes don’t have to be bland or under-nutritious. With little time and a large family to feed, I always look for these kinds of recipes to prepare at home. This pumpkin pasta recipe is ideal to satisfy my children, it is super affordable and it is also ideal to prepare in advance and leave a portion in the freezer for later.
- 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 chopped onion (about 1 cup)
- one butternut squash, peeled and diced (about 4 cups)
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- two cups chicken broth
- one bay leaf
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg Salt and pepper to taste
- one lb of pasta
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of whole milk
1. In a skillet over medium-low heat, add the olive oil and sauté the onion until golden. Add the pumpkin and garlic, and cook for a few more minutes. Incorporate the chicken stock and the bay leaf, the nutmeg, the salt, and the pepper. Cook until the squash softens.
2. Meanwhile, prepare the pasta following the instructions on the package.
3. Remove the bay leaf and, with a hand mixer, step on the preparation until you get a completely smooth consistency. Add the cheese and milk. Add the cooked pasta and serve.