A few years ago, my husband and I visited some Mexican friends, and they prepared this delicious casserole of eggs with salsa and tortilla chips. My husband, who is an egg lover, loved it and has been preparing it regularly since then. What I like the most is that it is very easy to make, it only has a few ingredients, and in just a few minutes you have a complete and delicious meal. If you wish, add fresh cheese on top to make these eggs totally irresistible. Enjoy them!
- two teaspoons of vegetable oil
- one cup onion, diced
- one cup tomatoes, diced
- one jalapeño, veined and seedless, diced
- one cup of red sauce
- 6 corn tortillas, cut into 4 and lightly fried
- 4 eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste (optional)
Coriander, to taste (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 ° F.
2. In an ovenproof skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion, tomatoes, and jalapeño, and sauté until the onion is translucent about 3-4 minutes. Add the red sauce and mix until combined. Add the fried corn tortillas and delicately mix until the tortillas are covered with the sauce.
3. Break the 4 eggs over the tortillas and the sauce. Season the eggs to taste, if desired.
4. Bake until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
5. Sprinkle with coriander leaves, if desired. Serve immediately.