The combination of corn and zucchini takes me instantly to my childhood. This recipe is usually served as an accompaniment or to complement Spanish rice, and is ideal to serve during the Thanksgiving celebration. Add more cheese and cream that your kids will love!
- one olive oil spoons
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- two cups Italian zucchini, finely chopped
- two cups canned corn washed and strained
- 10 oz cotija cheese, crumbled
- one 1 lime juice
- Salt to taste
1. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent. Add the zucchini and corn. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 12 minutes, mixing frequently.
2. Turn off the heat, add the cotija cheese, lime juice, mix, and season with salt. Serve and enjoy!