When it comes to Christmas dinner, traditional Christmas recipes are essential to give a Latin touch to your family celebration. And not to lose the custom, we share recipes for Christmas like ham with pineapple and roasted ham. Want to try something different with turkey? Add a Mexican touch by cooking it in a mole poblano. And if you are very busy with the holiday chores, prepare the suckling pig in a slow-cooking pot with blueberry sauce. Make this Christmas as tasty as it is unforgettable.
Christmas turkey with Chile Salsa
If you are looking for a Christmas dinner with Mexican flavors, I assure you that this recipe of turkey baked with chile will give you that spicy touch you are looking for. The spicy taste of chile combines beautifully with the beautiful texture of achiote pasta. So much so that you will want to eat leftovers long after the holidays are over!
8 guajillo chiles
4 chiles ancho
6 chilli peppers
6 cups of water
1 12 lb turkey
2 chipotles in adobo
1 3.5 oz annatto paste bar, cut into small pieces
1 tablespoon Mexican oregano
1 spoonful of cumin seeds
1/2 spoon of dehydrated marjoram
1/2 spoonful of dehydrated thyme
2 teaspoons pepper
3 teaspoons salt
4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
12 cloves garlic, minced
7 cups of chicken broth
1 lb unsalted butter at room temperature
2 lemons, sliced
1 sweet onion, sliced
1. Return the seeds and stems to the peppers and place in a large glass bowl.
2. Cover with water and cook in the microwave for 10 minutes, blend in 5 minutes.
3. Remove from the microwave and let stand.
4. Clean turkey, remove neck and gizzards, rinse and dry with paper napkins. Transfer to a baking sheet with a rack. Preheat oven to 450 ° F.
5. Strain the water from the chiles and transfer them to the blender.
6. Add chipotles, achiote paste, oregano, cumin seeds, marjoram, thyme, 1 teaspoon pepper, 2 salt, vinegar, half garlic, 3 butter bars, and 3 cups chicken broth. Blend at a rapid rate until a homogeneous consistency is obtained. Try to see if salt is good. Serve 2 cups of the sauce in a bowl and reserve.
7. Transfer the rest of the sauce to a saucepan and heat over low heat. Add 4 cups of chicken broth and 1 stick of butter. Cook until the butter is melted. Serve half of this mixture on the bottom of the tray. Reserve the leftover sauce to spread the turkey.
8. Stuff the turkey with lemons, onions and chopped garlic, and pepper. Spread 2 cups of chili paste and butter all over the turkey and under the skin of the breast.
9. Bake for 30 minutes uncovered. Reduce the temperature to 350 ° F, cover with foil and continue baking for 2 1/2 hours. In the last 2 hours, grease the turkey with the sauce every 30 minutes. The turkey will be ready when the turkey breast reaches a temperature of 165 ° F and that of the leg, 180 ° F.
10. Remove from the oven and let stand for 1 hour. Cut it out and serve with your favorite gravy.